The purpose of this article is to identify the nature of different forms of social media and their interrelationship with other kinds of information-sharing services. It will also look into how law enforcers deal with such problems and what tools they use while doing that says William D King. Finally, we try to answer whether or not it is possible, effectively and legally, for companies dealing online to block the access to such sites as Facebook, Google+ (Google Plus), Twitter, as well as those on some other networks like Gmail (Gmail). We would like you to share your opinion with us on this topic at the end of our article.
Here are some Legal Aspects Related To Social Networking Sites:
- Today, social networks are among the most popular services used by people around the world. One can say that their number is ever increasing. The future belongs to them, since they are getting more and more users every month. Since it has been revealed that there are over seven billion people in the world, it is no exaggeration to call social networks “universal”.
- It is no wondered that not only individuals, but also companies are trying to use social media for their own business purposes. It helps them maintain relationships with existing customers and attract new ones. However, individuals cannot take full advantage of the opportunities they provide unless they have accounts in all popular networks. Otherwise, it will be very hard for them to keep in touch with friends who are scattered across all possible sites.
- We have conducted an analysis of different forms of social networking and presented our findings below. By doing that, we show how closely related all those services actually are and how various technologies influence each other’s development through integration into such “universal” products as Facebook Messenger, Gmail (Gmail) Chat or Google+ (Google Plus).
- We have looked into the legal aspects of using social media services that are not specifically designed for business purposes, but they do provide companies with an opportunity to reach their customers. Many businesses now have customers who use various social networks. This has led them to consider whether or not they can prohibit employees from accessing those sites with company devices and equipment during their working time, as well as block access to some specific pages on Facebook or Twitter explains William D King.
We believe this is a very interesting issue, so we hope you will enjoy reading our article!
It should be pointed out at the beginning that it is virtually impossible to mark out all forms of “social” networks the way we would like it (we tried). At least because different sources provide different results when searching for this topic.
For example, Wikipedia says social networks are defined by the following criteria:
1) They connect users to one another;
2) They allow users to share content with each other;
3) They allow users to create profiles.
Based on these criteria, it is clear that different forms of websites. It should be included in our list of “social” networks while others should not. We try to use a broad definition. While doing research and came up with the following network forms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ (Google Plus), LinkedIn, Pinterest, Last.FM, Tumblr. You may notice that some services are missing because we did not manage to find enough information about them within short period of time says William D King.
It is common knowledge that Facebook has become popular because lots of people (mostly young) like to spend their free time “liking”, commenting and sharing photographs with friends, relatives and colleagues. It seems like Facebook is not going to lose its popularity anytime soon since it owns Instagram. A very similar service where users can upload and share photos and videos. With everybody they want (including those who do not even use Instagram). According to our findings, there must be more than one billion active users on both social networks. Twitter boasts approximately five hundred million users all over the world.
LinkedIn does not seem as popular as others; however, many companies deal with business relationships through it. Pinterest’s audience consists mainly of women who enjoy sharing their interests. Last.FM is mostly used by fans of music that can watch other users’ playlists. And mark tracks they like or dislike. The latter should be interesting for record companies because this application has a great deal of potential. It can help them promote new artists and bands. As well as control the way their old albums and singles spread across the Internet.
It is impossible to identify the number of people who use social media services. Because not all sources provide reliable data explains William D King. However, it seems like Facebook and Twitter need no introduction. Since they are so popular that almost everyone has heard of them. Despite the fact that 8 out of 10 adults in the USA use at least one type of social networking site (Pewresearchcenter). Most people still prefer to communicate with friends online rather than by phone or email. Probably because it is easier to “post” status updates or send messages instead of typing long texts.